Tuesday, November 18, 2008

WTF

Dustin Pedoia won the AL MVP. Total BS [screw you, Eric]. How on earth did he win out over Quentin or Hamilton? I don't like. I don't agree with it. GOD! 16 first place votes! There were 16 people who thought Dustin Pedroia was the best, most valuable player in the majors?
What really grinds my gears is this AL MVP contrasted with 2006. If Jeter didn't win in '06 then Pedroia should not have won this season. I know you people will defend Pedroia but the whole in my heart has been made just that much bigger.

_______________________________________________________

I was just talking about this with my roommate. The Boston bias in this league is unbelievable. Dustin Effing Pedroia? Are you kidding me? By what criteria did they decide this one? Gutsy-ness? Heart? He who most looks like a squirrel?? Let's look at the real numbers:

VORP:
1)A-Rod
2)Sizemore
3)Pedroia

OBP (min 200 plate appearances):
1)Teixeira
2)Bradley
3)Mauer
9)A-Rod
19)Pedroia

PMLVr (min 200 PAs):
1)Teixeira
2)Bradley
5)A-Rod
15)Pedroia

How does A-Rod or Tex not win this? A-Rod because his horrible team didn't make the playoffs? Tex because...?

Ridiculous.

~JSK

No comments: